[pmwiki-users] Workflow alerts (e-mail) based on certain value has changed yes or no

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 2 11:31:55 CDT 2006

#2 and #4 seem to be saying something different; #2 says that B receives
a response because the status is 1, while #4 says that A receives
a response because the status changed.  Is it one or the other or both?

> I am aware that pmwiki can not do this on it's own, and I guess cron
> has to be get involved (talking linux here)

Cron only has to be involved if the wiki isn't accessed frequently
or if it's very important that notifications be sent at specific
times.  Otherwise the email triggers can be detected and occur
when PmWiki is activated by a person normally accessing the site
(this is how the Notify capability works).

Of course, even if cron *is* involved it's not difficult --
we just have cron issue a "wget" or similar command to invoke
the desired action within the wiki.