[pmwiki-users] PresenceAwarenessLight on AuthUser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Sep 3 00:08:46 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 11:27:17AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 11:15:47AM +0200, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> > I recently enjoyed giving writely.com a try, and much liked the
> > "[somebody] is also editing this document" feature
> > [http://www.writely.com/screenshots/screenshot_big.gif].
> >
> > Pmwiki also has a nice recipe for this (even nicer than writely's),
> > PresenceAwarenessLight, but alas it does not work with AuthUser, which
> > is the standard authentication system here.

Well, I now have a version that does work with AuthUser:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Present

It even works without AuthUser -- as demonstrated on pmwiki.org
(which isn't using AuthUser).  And, as far as I know, it should
work with UserAuth.

In addition to the "who's doing what on the site" display, I'll
also be adding a "someone seems to be editing this page"
message to the edit form, so that if two people are editing a
page there'll be a nice note saying "someone else is working on it,
too."

Comments welcomed.