[pmwiki-users] How to restrict auth to secure connections

Bart pmwiki-users at mediamatrix.nl
Tue Sep 5 05:58:52 CDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, it's good to read that this was where you where
after. Note that only hiding the login action is not a security measure. You
really need to switch off the actions in config.php as described. This
prevents also the smart user that append ?action=login to login via http.

Please feel free to drop a line how this works out for you.

Happy wiking, Bart

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:14:06AM +0200, Daniel Rubin wrote:
| Hi Bart,
|
| and first of all:  Thanks for this detailed and enlightening post!
|
| It seems you have just given me the tools I need to do what I want.
|
| The config.php stuff looks just right:  This is exactly what I was after.
|
| Not showing the edit, attach, etc. action links when not authenticated
| was something I had figured out for myself, too, but the hiding of the
| login action when without https is a nice extra.
|
| So, thanks again, I will try to implement this this afternoon and drop a
| short note to the list about how it worked out.
|
| Have fun,
| ----Daniel
|

| Bart wrote:
| >Hi Daniel,
| >
| >On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:48:28AM +0200, Daniel Rubin wrote:
| >| Hi Bart,
| >| please forgive for letting you wait so long for an answer.  I was out of
| >| work for a couple of days and only just read your message.
| >|