[pmwiki-users] Disabling default access keys

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Wed Sep 6 14:35:36 CDT 2006

Jared Way wrote:
> First all, thanks to everyone for their prompt help.  It gives me great
> confidence in the application that the creator(s) are so responsive!
>
> The advice was helpful - I've disabled access keys and everything works great -
> on all but a few skins.  Specifically, I really like the TRIAD skin and have
> been using it for my prototyping.  However, this appears to be one of the skins
> Patrick refers to as having some of these access keys hardcoded into the
> template.
>
> How would I go about modifying the skin so that I could take these features out
> or disable them?  Do I need to contact the creator (HansB)?

I do not believe triad skin hardcodes access keys in the skin. I'm using
a modified version of Triad and AFAICT all of the access keys only
appear in the Site.PageTopMenu page. I think this is because the triad
skin predates the existence of Site.PageActions which is now the default
location for actions.