[pmwiki-users] PData support for pagelisting images

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 17:37:11 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 08:30:31AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > It really
> > only affects things where include-like things are used, either
> > directly via the (:include:) markup, or indirectly via things such as
> > group headers/footers, pagelist templates, the <!--wiki:...-->
> > directive for sidebars, and so on.
>
> What about (:if name ...:) and (:if group ...:) tests?
> Currently it is testing "page where this is viewed", not "page where
> this is written", and it's definitely needed for things like
> GroupHeader/GroupFooter and SideBar

Hmmm, *very* good catch.  I had forgotten about those.

At the moment, I'm of the opinion that all of the (:if condition:)
markups should continue to refer to the current browsing
environment (i.e., "globally"), as opposed to the page they
happen to be written in.  That just seems to be the more common
usage pattern for them.

Thanks for pointing it out.