[pmwiki-users] Protocol (https/http) included in $ScriptUrl

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 23:39:43 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:21:08PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Perhaps the best thing for me to do
> is to configure pmwiki.org with a relative url, and let's see what
> breaks and what I can fix.

Okay, PmWiki is now configured to use a relative url for $ScriptUrl;
that is, it's using

    $ScriptUrl = '/wiki';

instead of

    $ScriptUrl = 'http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki';

In the "see what breaks" part, if anyone notices that something
doesn't seem to be working on pmwiki.org, please let me know.
The places where this might have an impact:

    submitting forms (edit forms, passwords, searches)
    page redirects
    includes of .css, .gif
    attachments

If it works out well then perhaps we can get relative settings
of $ScriptUrl to be the default.  This could resolve a lot of
issues with http: and https:, as well as save some network
bandwidth.  :-)

FWIW, I don't recommend setting $ScriptUrl to a relative path
until after I've made the next PmWiki release, otherwise redirects
and forms may not work properly.

Thanks!