[pmwiki-users] Wiki as PIM/Personal Notes tool

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue Sep 12 07:52:30 CDT 2006

A few random thoughts based on my own use of PmWiki as a general
"Information sink":

Try and plan a wiki group structure for your information *before* you
start entering data.

I have modified one of the addlink recipes to allow me to capture
highlighted text from web pages. The information goes into a group
called Scratchpad with pages named Scratchpad.yyyymmdd. If the page for
the day already exists new text is added to the top. It is driven from a
bookmarklet and works a bit like Google notebook.

I use categories and pagelists quite bit e.g. a pagelist to show all
items in category FixMe in whatever group they exist.

If you are a "list" person the XToDo recipe is worth a look.

Ian.