[pmwiki-users] Page variables with markup in them...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Sep 13 09:23:03 CDT 2006

Ok, I'll try and answer the question.  I'll happily send you the
latest draft of the recipe if my answer doesn't provide the info your
requesting.

The $log page variable is set by markup like (:data
Group.Name|id,log,fieldx:), which retrieves and sets {$id} {$log} and
{$fieldx} either from values passed as GET variables, or other special
rules.  Here is the markup, which is processed just before the page
variables are set.

Markup('fastdata', '<{$var}', '/\(:data(.*?):\)/ei', "ReadData('$1')");

The log variable is processed as a part of the ReadData function, and
manually does it's own parsing of the data page to get the values set
off between : : and : :  All the other variables seem to be working
properly.  And the GetLog function seems to be retrieving the right
text string so far as I can tell.

Other than that, the content of the log entry is just displayed using
{$log} in a page.  Note, it did the same thing when I tried to extract
a value like this from the datapage:

link="http://www.example.com..."

and set it to {$link}, while all the other regular text values were
set just fine.  So it seems to be something to do with certain values
being rejected as content for pagevariables.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need the full recipe.  It's well
commented and pretty clear, but significantly revised from whats in
the PmWiki cookbook.

Cheers,
Caveman