[pmwiki-users] css dir

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 14:55:44 CDT 2006

Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 7:17:36 PM, Henrik wrote:

> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="$SkinDirUrl/homepage.css">

> in the template, which is not a big problem (and what I've settled on
> for now), just not what I expected, as the requirement for an explicit
> link for the css file seems inconsistent with the auto-load of the other
> two files.

This is indeed a requirement. pmwiki uses the template file as
blueprint for the html, and there has to be just one .tmpl file in the
skin directory, the name of the file does not matter.
pmwiki also runs skinname.php or skin.php if it exists automatically.
any other php file needs to be called explicitly.
css files need to be called, usually from the template.
As the place where it (or they if there are several) be called may be
critical for the sequence of style rules loading, it is best left to
the skin author how to implement this.

Hans