[pmwiki-users] Newbe question

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Wed Sep 13 14:56:23 CDT 2006

Ashutosh Vats <ashutosh.vats <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I am just starting with PMWiki.
> I would likle to know is there a way to create  a wiki page such that some
part of the page is not editable but other sections are.

> Example  I have a page with :
>
> Introduction
>
> Section1
>

> Section2
>
> I donot want the Introduction part to be editable but all the Sections can be
edited by the public.

Here are some possibilities to consider:

1. Use Cookbook/SectionEdit recipe which may be just what you want.  When you
click on a link for editing a section of a page, the editing screen only
displays the section.  But if you want to go further and password protect the
page, I'm not sure whether or not a portion of the page could still be editable
by an author without a password.

2. Use one of the comment box recipes, which should allow password protecting a
page while allowing comments to be added by authors without a password.  But
thats just adding new content, not editing existing content

3. Consider whether the text that you don't want people to edit can be placed in
the header and, thereby, taken out of the editing screen of an individual page.

Pico