[pmwiki-users] Password protection doesn't work?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Sep 17 12:22:31 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 11:52:16PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> It is no longer possible to protect a password from being edited by
> changing the attributes... this page should be protected by the password
> 'quick' for instance:
>
> 	http://wiki.lyx.org/Playground/PasswordProtectedPage?action=edit
>
> But I just tried it and it works at pmwiki.org
>

> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/TestPwProtect/PasswordProtectedPage?action=edit
>
> Any ideas how I can find the problem (which I guess is with some
> conflicting recipes)?

Perhaps disable recipes until the problem disappears?

What recipes are being loaded?

Something somewhere seems to be interfering with the authentication
sequence for editing.  (Other operations, such as ?action=attr,
are still prompting for the password.)

> PS. I discovered this problem when I wanted to add a password for
> approving URLs. The PmWiki page doesn't say so, but I assume that in order
> to have a password for protecting a URL, I should protect
> Site.ApprovedUrls from being edited.

By default Site.ApprovedUrls is protected from editing by
the edit lock on Site.GroupAttributes.