[pmwiki-users] Getting started

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 14:32:46 CDT 2006

Hi, Claus:

Don't feel bad about your questions - they're illuminating to us.

Yes, I think you should create a wikigroup called Handbook. There are
sites with specialized structure for which this isn't true, but mostly
I've found a good rule is "if there's likely to be more than one page
devoted to a topic, then create a wikigroup for it".

The answer to your last question will solve the previous issue.  When
someone arrives at your site, where should they find a link to the
Handbook's HomePage?  Often, the answer is that they would find the
Handbook by clicking a link to it from either the Main/HomePage, the
Main/SideBar (if you create one), or the Site/SideBar (if you don't
create a Main/SideBar).

So edit one of those three, and create a link on it that looks like
this [[Handbook/HomePage | Handbook]].  Save your work, and you'll see
the new link, with link-text = Handbook.  Follow the new link (It
looks like you already understand this part, but just in case...).
This will take you to the HomePage of of the HandBook group.

Hope that helps - ask again if it isn't clear!

Tegan