[pmwiki-users] Problem with SideBar.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 20 14:00:45 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 02:45:53PM -0400, Mario St-Gelais wrote:
> I have a site on PmWiki that works great (http:www.astj-outaouais.com).
>
> For testing purposes, I copied the whole site on the same machine, but on a
> virtual host (192....:8050) so that I can fiddle around without messing the
> site.
>
> The SideBar looks like so :
>
> %sidehead% Public
> (:pagelist  group=Public name=Public.1* fmt=#title list=normal :)
> [...]
> The pagelist refuses to list the pages.  Instead, the content of the page
> being visited is displayed and, depending on the page visited, repeated
> several times in the SideBar ???.  I don't understand. :-|

Does the page being visited have a [[#title]] anchor in it?  If so,
then (:pagelist:) is picking up that section of text instead of
using the [[#title]] in Site.PageListTemplates.

You can fix this by making the page template explicit in the pagelist:

    (:pagelist name=Public.1* fmt=Site.PageListTemplates#title list=normal:)