[pmwiki-users] Suggestion and recipe for categories as tags

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 21 14:49:41 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:26:21PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> It would be nice if PmWiki would support something like a "linked"
> option in the pagelist syntax:
>
>   (:pagelist linked=Main.*:)

In other words, this should generate a list of all targets of
all pages in the Main group?  Hmm, I'm not sure how this helps.

> I have implemented a very simple recipe that is doing just this, by
> using the .pageindex file:
>
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ListCategories
>
> maybe it's useful for somebody.

Out of curiosity, what happens if the .pageindex file is empty
or incomplete?  (PmWiki doesn't make any guarantees that the
.pageindex file is complete -- it provides "useful optimizations"
but not necessarily a complete map.)