[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Sep 21 23:30:16 CDT 2006

On Friday, 22 September 2006 3:30 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>This message is just to outline my plans for PmWiki over the next
>couple of weeks, as there are a lot of features and improvements
>on tap.
>
>Some of the features will involve reworking PmWiki internals a bit.
>While I don't expect any of these changes to have significant impacts
>on existing sites or recipes, there's always the chance that I'll
>overlook something.  Thus, in keeping with my standard version
>numbering criteria, I'll start labeling these new feature releases
>as 2.2.0-beta so that administrators will know to look a bit
>more closely before upgrading.

Is there any intention / interest / value in at some point
offering a flavour of PmWiki that supports the proposed Creole
wiki markup standard?

See http://www.wikicreole.org/wiki/Creole0.1

At this stage it's hard to know how much traction Creole will
get. It looks to me as if it could be implemented as a
replacement stdmarkp.php file. Some people may prefer to use
a lightweight markup that has a measure of formal acceptance.

I imagine the PmWiki homepage may in future contain a line
like:

    PmWiki can be configured to use Creole markup.

--
JR