[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Sep 22 12:30:43 CDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 10:16 AM, Jon Haupt wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 05:42:47AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> > >5.  There will be a "comment box" capability added into the core.
> > >Because of existing comment box recipes, the markup for
> > >comment boxes in the core will probably be something other than
> > >"(:commentbox:)".  I haven't decided exactly what to call it yet.
> >
> > How about "remark"s?  (:remarkbox:) ?
> > or (:pmcommentbox:)
>
> Actually, after sleeping on it an evening, I may go ahead and
> use (:commentbox:), if it's going to be an optional recipe
> (along with blogging).
>

> I totally agree with this sentiment.  IMHO, if it's part of the
> core or even an "official" recipe, it makes sense to use the
> clearest term/markup for that.  I think it makes more sense for
> other recipes to change to a different markup when there's confusion.

It's not my recipe and I feel like someone stepped on my toes ;)

Actually, why is it called a "comment box" when it's actually
"comment text" and it's the option of the designer whether it shows
up in a box or not?  I would name it after function and use, or the
actions the user is taking, rather than format or visible cues

thus:
(:commenttext:)
or:
(:contribution:)
or just (:contrib:)
maybe (:add:)(:say:)(:quip:)(:babble:) *heh*

even (:respond:) works

"Commentbox" is what it looks like, not really what it is that the
author is doing.

Crisses