[pmwiki-users] skin info wanted

JB jbit at ev1.net
Sat Sep 23 01:05:07 CDT 2006

> I don't agree with the private/public distinction here --
> that's not how PmWiki thinks of skin files and directories.
>
> Essentially, the $SkinLibDirs keys specify where in the
> filesystem to look for skin directories, and the values
> specify the url to use to access a skin directory once it
> is found.

But a single skin can be setup to have part of it in one
directory and part of it in a different directory.  If
the $SkinLibDirs "key" and "value" refer the same directory
we know that the directory has to be publicly accessible.

So the $SkinLibDirs "key" can point to anywhere, public or
private, but the "value" always has to point to a publicly
accessible directory/url.