[pmwiki-users] 2.2 Series & Blog/comments

George gdb at soundchasers.com
Sat Sep 23 13:04:36 CDT 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:40:36 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> The ability to add content will have a separate authorization level
> from the ability to edit.  It will default to be the same authorization
> as editing, so that edit passwords continue to restrict the ability
> to change content, but the authorization can be set independently
> to say "I'm allowing people to add content but not edit it."

Maybe this should be extended to allow user-definable authorizations...
I'm thinking that it would be a good way to have pages that allow users to
add comments, submit a poll answer, or do some other user-definable action
on a page, while still allowing only appropriately authorized users to
edit the page.

Just a thought.

George