[pmwiki-users] Relative includes, take #2

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 23 16:16:03 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 03:29:19PM -0400, Pico wrote:
>> Pico wrote:
>>> Please have a look at Test/RelativeLinksPagelist, which contains a
>>> pagelist that uses a template that invokes the following three forms of
>>> a page reference {$, {=$ and {*$ at the outset of the pagelist and as it
>>> iterates through 20 items.
>>>
>> Oops.  Stupid me.  Everything is exactly as it should be.  The second
>> form {=$ is grabbing the various page results, and the other two forms
>> {$ and {*$ are returning the source page that contains the pagelist
>> template, and the viewed page that contains the pagelist directive,
>> respectively.
>
> Actually, there *was* a bug there -- the included excerpt at the
> top of the page was incorrectly performing the substitution inside
> of the [@...@] escape.
>
> It appears to all be working correctly now.  And yes, you're correct,
> for Test.RelativeLinksPagelist, which is including a pagelist
> built from Test.PageListTemplate, the page variables in
> Test.PageListTemplate become:
>

>     {$FullName}         Test.PageListTemplate
>     {=$FullName}        the current page in the pagelist
>     {*$FullName}        Test.RelativeLinksPagelist (the page being displayed)
>
> Thanks!

Ok, so take another look now and see if the results are what you expect.
  They weren't what I expected: {=$ is always substituted, but {$ and
{*$ were not, even when applied to {=$foo} and escaped [@{=$foo}@}

I expanded the text at the top of the pagelist template ("header") to
layout 4 rows of markup.

The first uses spaces to prevent any substitutions.

For the last three rows, the middle column, which uses the {=$ variation
is always substituted (even when applied to a non-existent {=$foo} and
its escaped version [@{=$foo}@]).

Pico

--

         __  /