[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Sep 25 13:16:01 CDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:33:48AM -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> > On 9/25/06, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:
> > > Please, do the two sentences above, if combined, enable me to hope
> > > that I can eventually add some line to the VerySimpleToDo recipe and
> > > let it trigger notification just like a normal edit does?
> >
> > Hmm. One step closer to allowing me to re-implement Zen Track via
> > wiki. :-) All I need now are the ability to create page variables
> > (e.g. text= and author=) on the fly, then display them via pagelist.
> > Probably already possible, but beyond my fog of ignorance.
>
> Can you give an example of "page variables on the fly"?  I'm not
> sure exactly what you're referring to.
>
> There will be an capability for pagelist templates to obtain option
> values set in the (:pagelist:) directive itself.  For example, if
> we have
>
>    (:pagelist ... myoption=xyz:)
>
> then the template can use {$OPT_myoption} to display the value
> of myoption ("xyz").
>
> This may also become available for options to (:include:) and
> other directives.
>
> Pm

Hi all

This is really getting powerful all the way around.  Something
thrilling is happening at PmWiki--or has it always been this exciting?

As for Ben's comment--you might want to look at
PageVariableExtensions, I think it allows you to set page variables
within a wiki page.  If not I could do a markup for you.  It's a
snap...  :)

Second, the update feature will be powerful.  Will it allow us to set
titles automatically?  I'd like to be able to get titles to work a bit
better.  They seem buggy.  I'd like to be able to update a page title
and have it automatically refresh to show the new title.  Can't seem
to find a way to do that, without opening and resaving the title.
Maybe my approach was wrong, but maybe it's Pmwiki.

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  My approach was to set the title=x line and add (:title x:) to
text.  Then WritePage.  But when refresh the page title doesn't show.