[pmwiki-users] Sitewide headers/footers

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 16:23:39 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:15:02PM +0200, Marco Ferretti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sorry to raise this up again but I'm afraid I didn't understand how to
> set the group footer sitewise.
>
> I tried to add
> #Site Wide Group Footer
> $GroupFooterFmt ='(:nl:)(:include {$Group}.GroupFooter
> {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter:)';

Use the following:

    $GroupFooterFmt .=
      '(:nl:)(:include {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter basepage={*$FullName}:)';

This adds Site.SiteFooter to be displayed in addition to any
Group.GroupFooter.

> and then I tried to edit Site.SiteFooter ( as I understand this shall be the
> default ... )  but I get prompted for a password ... which I didn't set .

By default, all pages in the Site.* group (except for Site.SideBar)
are locked against editing except by the admin password.