[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta2 released ({$:var} markup)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 25 16:49:54 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 09:28:29PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> I don't know if this is new to beta2, or whether you even consider
> it a bug, but adding a (:linebreaks:) directive on a page can have
> an impact on the SideBar as well as the body of the page.

It's not new to beta2 -- it's been around for a long time.
Essentially, (:linebreaks:) takes effect until it's turned off,
and this can even affect the markups in sidebars and other
included pages.

While it's arguable that this is a bug, I've decided it's
not really worth the effort or hassle to fix it.   If a SideBar
doesn't want linebreaks, then it can explicitly turn them
off using (:nolinebreaks:).  So can the pagelist template, for that
matter.  :-)

Thanks!