[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta1 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 09:31:49 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:24:53AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Since this substantially changes the
> > current meaning of {$var}, we now have a new {*$var} form of
> > page variable that always returns a value for "the currently
> > displayed page".
>
> Just a question Pm, to clarify something.  I seem to recall in earlier
> discussions of this that GroupHeaders and GroupFooters would continue
> to work as in the past.  That is {$vars} would act the same  as
> {*vars} if coming from a groupheader or groupfooter page.  Is that
> correct?

I waffled back-and-forth on this a bit, but ultimately decided that
GroupHeader and GroupFooter really should be treated as though
they are part of the page being displayed.  Thus {$var} in
GroupHeader and GroupFooter act the same as {*$var}.

> What if I include a groupheader from another group?

If you do (:include OtherGroup.GroupHeader:) then {$var} is treated
as being local to OtherGroup.GroupHeader (same as any other include).
If you want {$var} to be treated as part of the currently
displayed page then use

    (:include OtherGroup.GroupHeader basepage={*$FullName}:)

> And if
> it does keep its original behavior, can you force normal {$vars}
> behavior in those groups?

Yes, by using the include line given above.