[pmwiki-users] (:linebreak:) as a global setting

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 14:12:13 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:04:24PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> > This message isn't to express disagreement; my point is
> > simply that I'm applying PmWikiPhilosophy #3 until we have enough
> > real-world instances where the existing approach is really
> > unworkable.
>
> [...example of table border...]
> It drove me crazy for a few minutes until I figured out what had
> happened and fixed the groupfooter table to explicitly not have a border.
>
> At the time I thought it would be convenient if the headers and footers
> of a page were rendered in a context that didn't inherit from the main
> page, but it didn't really seem worth complaining about. I'm only
> mentioning it now since it seems related to the linebreak issue.

...except that one of the major purposes of headers is to
set up a context that the main page uses (e.g., wikistyles,
default table styling, or even (:linebreaks:)).  Putting
the headers (and to a lesser extent, footers) into separate
contexts somewhat negates one of the major purposes of having
them.