[pmwiki-users] Fwd: RFC PmWiki Tips and Tricks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 26 21:58:02 CDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:46:03PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2006, at 9:59 PM, Ben Wilson wrote:
> > On 9/26/06, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> 3) script written by PM (or other ***reliable*** contributor)
> >
> > Well, that counts me out. ;-)
> > But, it sounds almost like a peer review system.
> >
> > Alternately, there are several rating systems that could probably
> > benefit from the comments feature. I know mine will.
>
> We should certainly rate recipes.  No offense to anyone.  But it
> allows a "popularity" list, for example.  Or it would be good
> feedback for recipe authors -- if their recipe isn't doing well, they
> can improve it, wipe the ratings and try again, or merge the ideas
> that are unique with their approach with a better recipe in the same
> area.

I'm very much in favor of a rating system, as long as it's actually
useful and relatively easy to implement.

As background:  There was a longish discussion about rating
recipes back in March, and I didn't have a sense that it came to
any clear resolution.  The thread is available at

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/23871/focus=23891

The topic also came up briefly in another thread at

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/27503/focus=27539

So, if we can come to some sort of consensus about how ratings might
be achieved, I'm very much in favor of it.