[pmwiki-users] Deleting entire groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 27 08:08:49 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:02:43AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2006, at 8:51 AM, Mike wrote:
> >One more: can I rename a group as the administrator?
>
> This isn't as easy.  Does the rename page script handle this?
>
> The quick answer is: you can't rename pages in PmWiki from the base
> installation.  You can rename them on the server.  Whether you'll
> break anything depends on what pages you're trying to rename.

Renaming pages in wiki.d/ isn't too big a problem for PmWiki.
Sometimes the .pageindex file gets out of sync, so after
renaming or manipulating the files in wiki.d/ it's often a
good idea to remove wiki.d/.pageindex (PmWiki will rebuild it
automatically over time).

> Renaming the Site group would probably take some config.php config
> variable change, so that PmWiki looks for site-wide controls from a
> new group, for example.

If the Site.* pages are to be renamed, then set $SiteGroup in
local/config.php to point to the new group for these pages.

> You can change Main.HomePage to Mike.HomePage
>
> and make Mike your "home group" in the config.php file -- I forget
> how :)

    $DefaultGroup = 'Mike';