[pmwiki-users] Skin Search - PM plz reply...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 27 12:00:06 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 11:45:16AM -0500, JB wrote:
> PM,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
>   > The mental model I've been using for skins is that
>   > a skin is a directory containing a .tmpl file along
>   > with any other related files that may be needed for
>   > the skin.
>
> Too easy to make a wise crack about "mental model"
> so I will hold myself back on that one.  :)
>
> All skin files do not have to be in the same directory.
> This contradicts why you created $SkinLibDirs in the
> first place!  See URL:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/30805/focus=30805

I created $SkinLibDirs so that skin directories wouldn't be
limited to ./pub/skins/ and $FarmD/pub/skins/ .  Adding $SkinLibDirs
had absolutely nothing to do with splitting up a skin's files
into separate directories.

But ultimately I haven't figured out what problem the "continue
scanning other skin directories" approach you're advocating
is intending to solve.