[pmwiki-users] GroupHomePageChange

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Sep 27 17:29:04 CDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:48:25PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 01:35:25PM -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> > Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:30:48PM +0200, Mike wrote:
> Yes, whenever there's a non-existent page there are arguably two
> correct choices, and for a variety of reasons pre-dating the [[Group/]]
> markup my choice ended up being "page same name as group" as opposed
> to "$DefaultName within group".
>
> With what we have available now, if I had it to do all over
> again I might go with setting something like
>
>     $DefaultName = '{$Group}';
>
> to mean "home page is named the same as the group".  But I don't
> know how much I'll break by changing things here, or if this is
> really the correct approach to take.

Well, a lot of my setup depends on the fact that the default "home page
is named the same as the group" is what happens when one is creating a
new group.  I think the problem is more in the inconsistency, because
with the Main group, the home page is always HomePage (because that's
how it is when PmWiki is first installed) and with every other group it
is the group name (including Site.Site and PmWiki.PmWiki).  That means
that one has either to check for both all the time, or have one or the
other case fall through the cracks.

My personal preference would be to have Main.HomePage go away and make
it be Main.Main, at least in the default setup.

Kathryn Andersen