[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-latest download

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 28 08:25:57 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 02:09:07PM +0100, Américo Albuquerque wrote:
> Hello
>
> The download links seams to be broken. The Wiki download page says that
> the latest version is pmwiki-2.2.0-beta6 but the pmwiki-latest.zip (and
> tgz) doesn't exist (Not Found Error)
>
> I still think that beta versions should be different from stable
> versions.

Oh, I agree; when I "fixed" my release script[1] so that it wouldn't
change the locations of pmwiki-latest.zip and .tgz, it then responded
by removing the links entirely.

So, the pmwiki-latest.zip/.tgz links are now permanently affixed
to pmwiki-2.1.26.zip/.tgz until 2.2.0 is released.

I don't really want to maintain a separate set of symbolic links
for the beta releases; when PmWiki is in beta, it's better to
know exactly what version you're looking at, or using svn.