[pmwiki-users] Newsletter management

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Thu Sep 28 16:00:23 CDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:55 PM, kjettil wrote:

> Thanks Crisses and Caveman for your comments and suggestions.

You're very welcome.
> Coming back, I've had a look at FAST Data, but could not find out
> how to
> adapt it to my needs. I also reviewed a few third party OS solutions,
> including Koops, but they seem to address a different situation
> (individuals subscribing to a newslist).

Yes, I was saying Koops could be easily used to manage newsletters
independent of the wiki.  It would be easy to insert the koops form,
which is very simple, into a PmWiki skin.

I was not saying Koops would do anything but newsletter management.
I saw you wanted to manage a newsletter as one of the many features
you requested, and I know I evaluated Koops and was satisfied that it
would fill my own requirements.

> One of the solutions so far missing (as recipe) is membership
> management, including newsletter management.  For a site I'm in my
> spare
> time setting up for a small riding club, I'd need such a solution.

I can add a newsletter management system as an extension for the
mysql module I created... but I'm not sure whether that's what you're
saying or not.  It's also not my primary concern at this particular
moment since I need to find paying projects.  If you have a budget
for any of your needs, we can talk.

I want to extend the mysql authorization module to include an
administrative form.  I can then remake Koops to work with my mysql
databases.  Koops is GPL2.x and thus it is compatible with PmWiki
licensing and I can incorporate it directly within a PmWiki module.
That would take care of newsletter management, paired with member
management if you're running both my mysql authentication alongside
the newsletter management module -- I would just make them work
together.  Double-opt-in from there would be a pretty easy affair, I
think, since I already have an email verification process for people
who sign up to the website.

Crisses