[pmwiki-users] "Profiles" in author.php

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Sep 29 11:33:44 CDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Castiron wrote:

> I'd like the groupname for authors to be Staff instead of
> Profiles.  Can I just change the line in author.php from  "SDV
> ($AuthorGroup,'Profiles');" to SDV($AuthorGroup,'Staff');, or will
> that cause problems/be something I have to keep track of in later
> upgrades?  (Or is there something I can put in config.php to change
> this?)
>
> thanks, slc
>
> --
> Sharon L. Casteel
> castiron at gmail.com

The proper way to do this is edit your config.php

add:

$AuthorGroup = "Staff";

...don't touch the actual scripts/*.php files.  Almost everything can
be changed in your config.php file :)  SDV just checks whether the
user has already set a variable with a value in config.php -- if not,
it gives it the default value (in this case "Profiles").

Crisses