[pmwiki-users] Newsletter management

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Sep 29 11:36:52 CDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:18 PM, The Editor wrote:

> When I return early next week I'll send you some more info on using
> FAST Data.  I'm using it on my site for full membership management,
> and with the new revisions coming it will have even more flexible
> capabilities.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
>
> With the next revision it will not only have mailing list capabilities
> (it can do that now) it will allow you to create a complete mail merge
> based on their individual member profiles.  You can store any member
> info you want and use it anywhere anyway you want.  The main change
> I'm making is adding a much more flexible list management system to
> FAST Data to make organizing and editing lists very easy.  Whether for
> use in a file management system, or multiple email lists.
>
> Cheers,
> Caveman
>
> As for Member management--I'm wondering if you had something specific
> in mind that FAST Data can't do?  Pm, what were you thinking?

One problem I have with FASTData is that you're not storing values in
a method compatible with PmWiki's page variables on the Data- pages.

Why are they:

Variable = "value"

instead of

Variable: value

or other means by which PmWiki stores page variables -- invisible or
visible.

Can this be changed to be compatible with core PmWiki variables?  I
can see how doing this would help the core AND FASTData interchange
working with exactly the same data.

Crisses