[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Sep 29 14:05:03 CDT 2006

Following Pm's method of pulling out bits to comment on.

On Pm as "Administrator, Lord of All He Surveys"

Boils down to the fact that I trust him. He knows the system inside out.
He won't let incorrect or incomplete advice get through. He won't squash
differing opinions unless they are dangerous. Not that he's the only one
here I trust at that level, but he's the obvious choice, especially for
the technical articles.

On drafts being confused with published articles.

Don't let it happen. I don't care how you do it, but if they appear on
the site search under any category (and there are good reasons for
this), make the "draft" part obvious. Like with Cookbook-v1. I've been
known to get lots pages listed for a search, then not realize the link I
clicked on was in Cookbook-v1.

On drafts being visible to all.

Author's choice. When I'm ready for a beta read when writing
fanfic, I'll put the story up on a hidden part of my site and point them
to it. That way they can look at it and decide they don't want to,
rather than saying Yes and then realizing it's not what they were expecting.

On Proposal and Acceptance.

If I'm reading right, Acceptance will be silence, and the main benefit
from the proposal stage is advertising that an article is being written.
[1]  Maybe change it to "Articles in progress", and give a date /
?monthly? progress mini-reports (so we know it's still active). If you
want to write one similar, email the author of the first and see what
happens. Chances are you'll become co-author, 1st reviewer, or write an
alternate approach -- all good things. Only bad thing would be two
authors to write essentially the same article.

Sandy

[1]