[pmwiki-users] blacklist mtblacklist blocklist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 16:26:15 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 04:17:36PM -0500, JB wrote:
> Does anyone use all 3 recipes - BlackList and
> MTBlackList and Blocklist2?
>
> Would it not be good to merge these 3 into one?

I've just done it -- the new version was just installed
on pmwiki.org about 30 minutes ago and I'm testing it now.

The new blocklist.php script will be distributed as part of
the core, and it allows:

   - blocking by ip address, text phrase, or regex
   - the ability to regularly download and update blocklists
     from other sources
   - ability to specify local "unblock" phrases (i.e., to disable
     the effect of blocking rules coming from a farm-wide blocklist
     or one of the downloaded blocklists)

At the moment pmwiki.org is now using the MoinMaster and chongqed.org
blocklists (automatically downloaded once daily).  I will probably
clear out the existing Site.Blocklist, and we can find out what things
slip through from that to come up with a more localized list.

As part of the core, blocklists can be enabled by simply using

    $EnableBlocklist = 1;

For extreme blocklisting, setting $EnableBlocklist to 10 or higher
will cause the Chongqed and MoinMaster lists to be automatically
downloaded into the current wiki.

More details to appear as they become available.