[pmwiki-users] CSS link text properties

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 20:24:18 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 10:34:30AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 02:10:44AM +0200, potax flan wrote:
> > i'm trying to understand how to edit my copy of the standard skin to
> > customize my wiki.
> > so far so good, but i'm stuck with the links. while i managed to do it
> > on the sidebar, i can't seem to change the color of the link text and
> > the color of visited links in the main area.
>
> Visited links get defined in CSS as
> a:visited
>
> The trilogy for links is
> a:link (for links, as distinct from anchors)
> a:visited (visited links)
> a:hover (hovering over a link)

Actually, it's a trilogy in four parts. :-)

    a:link       (links)
    a:visited    (visited)
    a:hover      (pointer is over a link)
    a:active     (browser is activating a link)

Also, when specifying each of these pseudo-classes, it's
a really good idea to do it in the order above; some browsers
get confused if they're in a different sequence.