[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 30 14:42:28 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:51:12PM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > There is one concern here. If the Magazine follows a chronological (as
> > well as topical and alphabetic) listing, how are published articles
> > sorted?
>
> But one can used page-text variables for that! (grin)
>
> PublicationDate: 2006-09-29
> Category: [[!Published]]
>
> (:pagelist order=$:PublicationDate fmt=#publicationlist "[[!Published]]":)

Exactly so.  Except I would probably use link= instead of a text
search, and have the pages appear in reverse chronological sequence:

    (:pagelist order=-$:PublicationDate link=Category.Published ... :)

> > An obvious advantage to this process is it showcases categories, page
> > text variables, and pagelists---some of which is new or overhauled for
> > 2.2. Hmm, I see a plot brewing . . .
>
> (evil grin)

Well, the whole reason I'm adding many of these into the core
(as opposed to leaving them for recipes) is that I'm convinced
they'll be useful in a variety of contexts -- including this one.

So, I hope that in the Magazine we can not only "eat our own dogfood",
but to use the Magazine itself to showcase some best practices and
cool approaches to collaboration with PmWiki.