[pmwiki-users] Extracting the uploadfile name

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 2 10:11:07 CDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 07:39:53PM +0200, Benoit Dutilleul wrote:
>    I got no answer so I publish this one again. I hope you can provide me an
>    answer!
>    2007/3/24, Benoit Dutilleul < benoit.dutilleul at googlemail.com>:
>
>      Dear all,
>
>      I'm working on a ZAP module to enable members of my pmwiki site to
>      upload a picture associated to their profile. In order to keep the
>      script and further operations as simple as possible, I would like to
>      save the file with the following format:
>      {$AuthId}_uploadfile
>
>      The current version of my script is:
>      > (:zapform upload key=UploadPhoto:)
>      > File: (:input file uploadfile:)
>      > (:input hidden upname value="{$AuthId}_{uploadfile}":)
>      > (:zap upload="" UploadPhoto:)
>      > (:input submit value="Upload" UploadPhoto:)
>      > (:zapend:)
>      However, this does not work because upname is only {$AuthId}_.
>      Dan told me that this may be because "the uploadfile field probably does
>      not
>      contain a file name, it actually contains a file".
>
>      Do you know how I can extract the original file name?

I don't know how to make it work with ZAP, but the original file name
(the one that appears in the browser's upload box) is available in the PHP
variable  $_FILES['uploadfile']['name'] .

Of course, this means that ZAP would have adjust "upname" for the filename
at the time the file is uploaded -- PmWiki can't substitute it directly
as part of the form markup (because PmWiki doesn't know the name until
after the form is submitted).

Hope this helps,