[pmwiki-users] ZAPmarkups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 2 20:56:52 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:35:37PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:32:30PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> > But as for the reason, I want to be able to store things in a text
> > variable.  For example:
> >
> > (:Snippets: {(pagelist group=Snippets.... other params)}:)
>
> PageListCount won't do this.

However, that doesn't mean that there can't be a special markup
that then makes a direct call to FmtPageList() to get it to do the
counting along with any other pagelist-like options.

Actually, based on other messages, it's very likely that in 2.2.0
PmWiki's built-in pagelist markups (:pagelist:) and (:searchresults:)
will be handled somewhat differently than they are now, and
that there will be a somewhat nicer interface to building pagelist
output than the current FmtPageList() function.