[pmwiki-users] ZAPmarkups

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Apr 3 04:23:01 CDT 2007

On 4/2/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> > * If zapmarkups.php is installed without zap.php I get a Fatal Error:
> > Call to undefined function ZAPpageshortcuts. It would be nice if this
> > recipe can run without ZAP installed.
>
> Actually it was my goal to make this a standalone recipe.  I forgot
> about the call to the ZAPpageshortcuts function.  I'll fix it to
> ignore that call if ZAP is not installed.

This is now fixed.  It checks the function exists before calling it.

> > * The count markup gives different results than Pm's pagelist
> > fmt=count (PagelistCount). It may be because ZAPmarkups uses a
> > hardcoded exclusion list...

I changed it to a SDV variable (ZAPexclude).  Also, forgot to document
you can do {(count Snippets|all)} to ignore the exclusion list.

> > * {(pagelist group=Group)} does not work. And why is this markup
> > needed, if all it does is to translate the normal syntax?

> Of course what I
> was thinking was putting entire ZAP forms into a text variable, so I
> could just do {$:login} and you have an instant login form, or
> whatever...

I removed the ZAP input forms from the list and added title to the
list.  Would like to add comment: but as it takes a : already there's
not much point.

Second I set another SDV variable (ZAPformdirectives) to false.  If
enabled, ZAP forms can be embedded using the ZAPmarkup notation.

> > * {(pagelist group=Group)} does not work. And why is this markup
> > needed, if all it does is to translate the normal syntax?
>
> Very strange.  It works on my home Windows machine, but not on my
> Linux server.  No idea why...  Will try to fix.  Any ideas why it's
> not working?

Actually I accidently pulled up the old ZAPsite, not the new site.
Works fine both online and off.  Just tested.  Are you sure you
couldn't get it to work?

> > $FmtPV['$Browser'] = '$_SERVER[HTTP_USER_AGENT]';
> > The last one is actually not that useful as it returns the whole agent
> > string. Normally something shorter is filtered out to give just a
> > browser name and perhaps version number.
>
> Maybe I'll take a look at it and see if I can trim off some meaningful
> part of it.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I've taken a look and both FireFox and MSIE format this value very different.

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705;
Media Center PC 3.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12)
Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

I don't know about other browsers.  I'm wondering if anyone has a
suggestion (or better yet a script) that parses this to returns
something like MSIE 7.0 or Firefox/1.0.7.  Or is Mozilla 4.0/5.0
adequate?

I'd even be happy to get a list of the most common browser output
codes so I could come up with something my self. In the meantime, I
left it as it is.

Cheers,
Dan