[pmwiki-users] New {$$ } and {( )} markups [Was: Can any of the form recipes do this?]

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 09:48:21 CDT 2007

Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 3:39:51 PM, The wrote:

> Currently, a person can use essentially the same template syntax { }
> with forms in ADL, ZAP and FOX.  Which is nice.  If Hans changes to
> {$$ } that will no longer be true. Not a big deal of course, but nice.
>  That's all I meant.

I have changed it already! Released earlier. All document pages
updated. I actually like the new look, and it made better code,
since I do not need exception handling of special curly markup.

> However, if these three use {$$ } for its template/field replacement
> syntax and PmWiki gives it a markup meaning, we may well have
> conflicts between PmWiki and these forms processing recipes.  So if I
> put

> (:input text Field1 '{$$Field2}':)

> and pmwiki makes some kind of substitution when the page renders, when
> the form is submitted, ZAP won't be able to do its field replacements
> (inserting contents of Field2 into Field1 after submission. This may
> not affect Fox so badly because while it does field insertions in a
> template (based on the source code), it doesn't to my knowledge do
> field replacements.

I don't see a problem if PmWiki gets its own form processing. I assume
it may just use a special form markup, and the usual input controls.

Oh, Fox does field replacements as well now. I just call it substitutions.

  ~Hans