[pmwiki-users] JITS issues, requests, etc.

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Apr 4 04:31:17 CDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX <admin at obutex.com> wrote:

Sorry for not being more familiar with JITS, but I posted a few
comments, and maybe more questions.  Let me know how I can help
improve ZAP for your needs Jiri, Michael...

> the Other michael napsal(a):
> > Below are some features I would like to see, or if they are currently
> > available, would like to use them!
> >
> > --Add button/selection to change project type and assignment of issue
> > on edit
> >
> Project and type selection on edit will be add in the next release.
> I'm not sure what you mean by the "assignment". If it is a task for e.g.
> Alice
> then the issue can be placed in Alice/Tasks or ToDo/Alice ...
> If the issue is reassigned to Bob later then it can be solved by e.g.
> comment
> like "reassigned to Bob. see [[Bob/1023]]"  and creating new task for Bob

ZAP does have a rename command which might make it possible to
reassign by changing the group name.

> > Or we should have an (optional) assignment field that is sep. from
> > Author.

It's easier to handle assignments by giving them  field, than renaming
the page, iin my estimation, as they are more straightforward to
modify.

> > --Preview of content prior to "Save changes." Also, a cancel button

> I don't think the preview is possible in ZAP form.

If someone can explain how to set up a page in preview mode in PmWiki,
I'd do it. Don't know anything about how PmWiki handles it as there
doesn't seem to be a Preview action...

> Instead Cancel the author
> can click any other link in the page or just close the window.
> If not saved no page is created/changed.
> >
> > --content is wikified by default, but no (?) markup is evaluated; this
> > is possibly a ZAP limitation???
>
> Yes, this is ZAP limitation. See  "Q:ZAP setting attr" thread in the
> maillist

Can you explain what you mean by this?  This is not clear at all...
As for setting passwd's, titles, keywords, descriptions, I've just
rewritten the code for that and will be releasing shortly.  Much
better now, and more secure.

> > --change label of "Accomplish" button to "Filter" (more intuitive --
> > Accomplish.. what?)
> >
> OK. this is my poor English limitation. What the button label should be?
> [Go] [Filter] [Do it] [Show list] ... ?

Perhaps Sort?

> > --Admin (or qualified user) form to enter new Project titles, instead
> > of having to edit the page's source in JITScfg#Project#Projectend. Is
> > it possible to do this via zap -- add lines, instead of just changing
> > a single variable?
> >
> I think it is possible using comma separated lists.
> But I am still a bit confused with ZAP beta documentation (because of my
> English)
> and continual changes in the syntax -- follow the discusion "New {$$ }
> and {( )} markups "
> in the maillist. Maybe it is better to wait a while for the ZAP is more
> stable and not beta.
> I have in my plans such an admin's page

Not sure what's involved here, but the above thread will not affect
how CSV lists work, and the syntax hasn't really changed for how it
handles them any along the way.  If you can explain what you want here
I'll try and explain how/if ZAP can do it.

The only immediate change planned is to change the template insertions
syntax from {Field} to {$$Field}.  I won't be changing how field
replacements look. There will also be some changes in the {( )}
syntax, once Pm releases his recipe... It will be similar but I'll be
eliminating the vertical brace and using spaces +/- keywords to
indicate parameters.

Cheers,
Dan