[pmwiki-users] extra guidelines for recipe publishing

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 04:54:31 CDT 2007

Monday, April 9, 2007, 10:18:41 AM, Hans wrote:

> Maybe all I am missing is some tricks how to construct a zip archive
> with the correct path information for all files, which can unzip into
> several folders, i.e. into cookbook/ and pub/ and creating a subfolder
> in each.

I like Hagan's package (=your recipe name) proposal from
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines :

package-0.01/
|-- cookbook
|   |-- package.php                 Single script for recipe
|   `-- package                     Additional recipe files
|       |-- README.txt              Documentation template
|       |-- LICENSE.txt             GNU General Public License (GPL)
|       |-- bundlepages.php         Script to add a page storage location
|       |-- .htaccess               Deny access (security)
|       |-- index.html              Redirect to ../ (security)
|       |-- index.php               Redirect to ../ (security)
|       `-- wikilib.d               Custom page storage location
|           |-- PmWiki.BundledPage  Bundled page
|           |-- index.html          Redirect to ../ (security)
|           `-- index.php           Redirect to ../ (security)
`-- pub
    `-- package                     Directory for "servable" content
        |-- xhtml-valid.png         Sample image file
        |-- .htaccess               Prevent listing (security)
        |-- index.html              Redirect to ../ (security)
        `-- index.php               Redirect to ../ (security)

And I just did not know how to construct the zip archive from the
folders and files in their working location on my local computer.
I see now that I can construct it by creating an archive recipe
folder and copying the reelvant subfolders from cookbook and pub,
and then zipping it. I will try this method. It has some extra steps
but should have the right zip file as an end product.
Thanks Hagan for publishing this suggestion! And I thought I knew the
module guidelines....

okay I have not understood the sentence below,
I don't know what that command is, nor how to execute it. Perhaps Unix?
I am on a Windoze machine. (I also often get confused with terminology like
bar.php, baz.php and the foo things.)

"This way, the files can be copied recursively ("cp -r foo-0.1/* pmwiki")
from within their package directory into the PmWiki top-level directory
and fit into the appropriate directory."

  ~Hans