[pmwiki-users] ZAP philosophical questions...

Dr Fred C drfredc at verizon.net
Tue Apr 10 10:36:42 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
> Well maybe not so much philosophical as practical, but I have been
> thinking about a number of issues and thought I would post my
> contemplations and see if anyone has any feedback.
>
> 1) I'm really interested in making ZAP easier for users to install and
> use. .... I'm wondering if I shouldn't just have two:  ZAP and ZAPextend
> (containing everything else divided into commented sections).
Just having one ZAPextened works for me.  It's not like most hosting these days requires one to skimp on size.  For example, Ipower's basic business sites come with 200Gs of space for $7/month.  Also, with everything kept in a single bundle, integration and further development would seem to be easier.

Ideally, some effort might be put towards having some sort of editable admin page (Site.ZapSetup) where all of the necessary settings might be toggled or defined so all of the messing and fussing around inserting php code into local/config could be eliminated, at least for ZAP.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc at drfredc.com