[pmwiki-users] UTF-8 case insensitive index (please test it!)

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Fri Apr 13 15:47:30 CDT 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 21:01, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:04:41PM +0200, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 April 2007 21:45, you wrote:
> > > I'm working on the utf-8 case insensitive index issue...
> >
> > Thanks Patrick, that is good news! :-))
>
> I now have an experimental site with utf-8 insensitive
> search available for testing at:
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/sandbox/utf8/pmwiki.php
>
> If others can help verify that utf-8 searches are working
> properly on that site, I'd be very grateful.

This is impressive, good job! I did some tests (upper-lower case, phrases,
negations) for Cyrillic and French and all seem to work. The German and
Chinese characters also, it even finds both grüßen and GRÜSSEN (it should,
but I didn't expect it to).

Users who know and use other languages and alphabets, please do some more
tests there (Greek, Czech, Arab, Chinese etc.).

Truly nice work, looking forward to the new version.

Works for me.
Thanks,
Petko