[pmwiki-users] {(...)} markup recipe available

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 17:34:43 CDT 2007

Sunday, April 15, 2007, 11:23:54 PM, The wrote:

> No, it contains the first random number once the captcha has been set.
>  All future occurrences of {(captcha)} will return that number rather
> than generating a new random number.  Works fine..

I see. Thanks. so here I got this slightly shortened and standardised
form to do the work:

$MarkupExpr['captcha'] = 'Captcha($args[0],$args[1])';
$Captcha = '';
function Captcha($x, $y) {
   global $Captcha;
   if ($Captcha != '') return $Captcha;
   if ($x=='') {
      $x = 1000;
      $y = 9999;
      }
   $Captcha = rand($x, $y);
   return $Captcha;
} // }}}

And I have been using this form all along, using a PV:

$FmtPV['$AccessCode'] = RandomAccess();
function RandomAccess() {
    return rand(100,999);
}

A lot less code for the same work. I might as well stick with it,
since  {(rand 100 999)}  is giving different numbers on the same page.

  ~Hans