[pmwiki-users] pmwiki and apis

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 16 07:54:44 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:46:21PM +0200, Franz Binder wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> A co-worker of mine recently asked me if there was a way to access my
> pmwiki data (a law lexicon) from outside using sort of an api that
> would return the entire article in xml or json format.

Well, PmWiki already renders into XHTML, which can be an
XML format.  Simply adjust the skin to add the needed <?xml ...?>
tags at the beginning of the page.

If the articles need to be rendered according to a different DTD,
it can be done but we'd need to know a few more of the details.

It's also worth looking at ?action=dc and ?action=rss (see
PmWiki.WebFeeds) for other XML-based mechanisms for getting
data out of PmWiki pages.