[pmwiki-users] No edit screen on new installation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 16 10:06:28 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 03:42:54PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Monday, April 16, 2007, 3:37:12 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > When or how would it do this?
>
> as part of ?action=sitediag ??
>
> ideally to be run after new installations or upgrades.

Another possibility would be to have PmWiki abort with
an error message (and link to the Troubleshooting page)
whenever it detects that a needed form or page isn't
available.

I suspect that even if we add ?action=sitediag, many
administrators won't be aware of it or remember to try
it when they encounter a problem.

For public-facing sites we could add these checks to
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/SiteAnalyzer .