[pmwiki-users] Divisions and nesting

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 17 09:55:36 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 04:25:07PM +0200, Roman wrote:
> I voted for 1 (+1) and 3 (+2).
>
> The reason why I think 3rd option is useful are pagelist templates.
>
> This is an example of my template:
>
> [[#includenews]]
> (:div99:)%div listtitle%{=$Title}
> (:div99:)%div listtext% (:include {=$FullName}##more self=0:)
> [[#includenewsend]]
>
> I used (:div99:) to avoid potential conflicts with other (:div:)s
> where pagelist is used.

Note that even after we introduce the ">>>>...<<<<" syntax, one
can still use (:div99:) to avoid conflicts with other divs
(and everything will still nest properly).

It's simply a question of whether we really need

    >>99 listtitle<<

to be a shortcut for

    (:div99:)%div listtitle%

Pm

P.S.:  Also note that any divs that occur inside of a pagelist template
do not affect the divs outside of the template.  For example, in

    >>outerdiv<<
    (:pagelist fmt=#includenews:)
    >><<

any >>div<< markups or tables inside of the #includenews template
won't automatically close >>outerdiv<< .   So, in the #includenews
example above, it's not necessary to use (:div99:) to avoid
closing divs outside of the template (but it of course doesn't hurt).