[pmwiki-users] Real drop-down, or pull-down menu for sidebar possible?

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:59:55 CDT 2007

> Is there a way to create a true drop down list for the navigation bar, such
> that it expands either on hover over, or on click?

Take a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OptionMenu or
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/JumpBox.

Because I evaluated both recipes recently I can tell you about my experience.

OptionMenu is simpler to use, just put fmt=optionmenu to your
pagelist. That's all. On the other hand it requires communication with
server, i.e. does not work in offline version of pages (if you need
this functionality).

With Jumpbox you have to define pagelist template first. On the other
hand it's better customizable. As opposite to OptionMenu it works in
offline version, but has another problem. If pagelist contains actual
page, this page is not selected in droplist (in HTML <option> does not
have selected=selected attribute).

I would like to use JumpBox (because of its offline support) but could
not found a way how to solve the problem with selection of actual
page. Maybe someone could help.

Roman