[pmwiki-users] fun with forms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 19 15:51:08 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 01:34:06PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 03:13:14PM -0500, Patrick R.
> > Michaud wrote:
> >
> > Then our input controls would be:
> >
> >     (:input text $:Summary :)
> >     (:input text $:Version :)
> >     (:input text $:Prerequisites :)
> >

> Now that's elegant and obvious!  It really highlights
> what is happening.
>
> Maybe you could even use the presence of the $: in an
> input element to automatically set the ptvreplace
> element so that editors don't have to put the hidden
> field manually into the form (that's a little
> advanced)!

Well, if we do that, then we don't need ptvreplace
at all -- we just check if the submitted form has any
$:xyz controls and use those.

My original thought was that there would be something like

    (:input ptvform:)

that would automatically set the ptvreplace control and others.
I'll still probably have a specialized (:input ptvform:),
it just might not be necessary to set a ptvreplace control.  :-)

Thanks!